29 September 2008

In the shadows of tall buildings....



Because Joan Osborne is a goddess and can do no wrong I wanted to share her cover of Jump LIttle Children's "Cathedrals" from 1999 (reviewed here in an earlier post of mine from 27 Jan '08 entitled "In the Cathedrals of New York and Rome..." http://lifeinlaland.blogspot.com/2008/01/in-cathedrals-of-new-york-and-rome.html). This is from her latest release "Little Wild One". I look forward to picking it up and will review it at a later date....though what I've heard of it so far I love already. I first heard her do this song at a show here in Los Angeles that my dear friend Jodi, Abby and I went to two years ago. Joan was amazing and this song brought tears to my eyes...I found out this weekend that I wasn't the only one so moved by her performance. Yeah - she's a goddess of massive proportions and clearly I'm not the only one who feels this way. Nice not to feel so alone sometimes when amidst the shadows of tall buildings.

Thanks for tuning in...Until next time....CHEERS!!

No comments: