25 April 2006

Its Raining In LA!!!!!!! 3 April '06

Hi Folks.....

Well its my first posting....not even sure what to say....im sitting here in a window in my apartment watching the rain fall on LA. Rain...I love it! Tho here it is something that is feared and loathed despite the fact that many people are transplants who come from seasons and 'weather' - something I may have forgotten about in my time in this city. So I relish these days - they are what makes an otherwise potentially ugly city beautiful. The fog (yes fog) on the hills is a site to be seen...the chill in the air a blessing...my lungs feeling clean a gift. No - not getting religious here, god forbid, but when you live thru endless months of sun and warmth to the point of not being able to recall when something happened you'll understand what I mean when I choose those words....you learn to appreciate things here in a way thats unique. Good, non flakey people are cherished, (they are hard to come by) good pizza are what dreams are made of - and I never thought I'd be so happy for rain! Until next time......

No comments: